Martinus Spiritual Science
The Third Testament is the continuation of The New Testament and The Old Testament. It is based on the cosmic analyses as described by Martinus in his major publications: Livets Bog I-VII (The Book of Life), The Eternal World Picture, and supplementary works.
At the age of 30 Martinus receives a spiritual experience that gives him cosmic consciousness and enables him to fulfil what Jesus promised his disciples:
”I have yet many things to say unto you , but ye can not bear them now. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you to the whole truth”.
“For we know in part ... But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away...but then shall I know even as also I am known.”
The Third Testament not only presents in part the truths, more or less expressed in The Bible and other Holy Scriptures, but describes in full a new world picture. It is a total explanation that shows a logical and loving purpose to existence. It is a defense for everything and everyone and provides an optimistic view of life.
The Third Testament shows that behind the apparent illogical content of the world religions, clear intellectual perspectives exist.
Each individual is responsible for their own evaluation of the level of truth in The Third Testament. Nobody should be tied to anything but their own interpretation.
The Third Testament shows that, among others:
- The universe constitutes a living being – the Godhead.
- Every living being has an eternally continuing existence.
- In the eternal perspective evolution will show that: “everything is very good”.
- Life is 100% fair due to reincarnation and karma.
- The purpose of existence is to experience life, develop neighborly love and tolerance towards everything and everybody.
- Evolution causes eternal renewal of the experience of life.
- The contrasts of light and darkness, pleasantness and unpleasantness, good and evil, etc. are absolutely indispensible to continual renewal of consciousness.
- The individual human being will, due to life experiences, eventually live in harmony with the eternal laws of life.
- It is logical to behave with tolerance towards all living beings.
- True neighborly love is, unconditionally and always, to forgive everything and everyone.
- Its message is a defense of everything and everybody.
- Nobody can act “unrighteously” and nobody can suffer “unrighteously”. Everyone will at some point experience a completely happy existence.
- The Third Testament world picture is illustrated with a series of symbols. Their purpose are to show the principles and structures of life, making it easier to get an overview, understand and retain in consciousness.
- The Third Testament, Martinus Spiritual Science also called the science of universal love, is entirely in concordance with the proven results of natural science.
What is it not:
- It is not the basis for the formation of a new faith-based society, sect or association enrolling new members.
- There are no ceremonial acts or illogical dogmas related to it.
- It does not promote aggression against nor critique of anyone with a different view.
- It is not meant to influence people against their own interests and passions.